BelieverSpace The Christian Social Network

Movies Today

Poll: Christian Movies as a Majority?
December 25, 2012 by
I'd love to hear what people think about the Christian films being produced now in numbers? and what about the professional hollywood world that is still mostly the media out there?
Sarah Peterson
Nearly all Christians, even those who think of themselves as biblically literate, are really quite ignorant of the Bible. Very few have read the entire Bible from cover to cover over and over again. Even those who are confident enough to appear on The Great American Bible Challenge (TV game show network) show considerable ignorance of the Bible. So, why would watching movies improve spiritual life? What we need to do is to get into the REAL READING OF THE WORD OF GOD--not reading what commenters say about what we are supposed to believe, according to them!

If we are talking here about so-called "Christian" movies aired on so-called "Christian" networks like TBN, that's no way to learn about truth and the Bible. Yes, better than watching Hollywood's rotten movie productions, of course--but why watch movies? We have better things to do with our lives and time than to watch made-up nonsense. I loved The Robe, one of the truly great films, but it was only fiction, not true to the Bible--certainly, we had better not get our doctrine from such sources. When I was 12, I read Quo Vadis, Ben Hur, The Big Fisherman, etc., all good books, but again, not sources of true doctrine. A "Billy Graham film" might have some worth, but I don't waste time living in a movie world. The real world is where we are called to witness and shine. One can learn from some historical documentary films, but mixed with the good information, almost always one finds man's questioning of the Bible, false teaching, and twisting of the Bible's message. One needs to be first well grounded in the Bible and faith before watching such things.

With very FEW exceptions (like What About Bob?), Hollywood productions are absolute FILTH and not fit to be viewed by anyone, much less those professing the name of Christ. The vulgar and profane language is enough to make any God-fearing person turn away in revulsion.

Nearly all Christians, even those who think of themselves as biblically literate, are really quite ignorant of the Bible. Very few have read the entire Bible from cover to cover over and over again. Even those who are confident enough to appear on The Great American Bible Challenge (TV game show network) show considerable ignorance of the Bible. So, why would watching movies improve spiritual life? What we need to do is to get into the REAL READING OF THE WORD OF GOD--not reading what commenters say about what we are supposed to believe, according to them!

If we are talking here about so-called "Christian" movies aired on so-called "Christian" networks like TBN, that's no way to learn about truth and the Bible. Yes, better than watching Hollywood's rotten movie productions, of course--but why watch movies? We have better things to do with our lives and time than to watch made-up nonsense. I loved The Robe, one of the truly great films, but it was only fiction, not true to the Bible--certainly, we had better not get our doctrine from such sources. When I was 12, I read Quo Vadis, Ben Hur, The Big Fisherman, etc., all good books, but again, not sources of true doctrine. A "Billy Graham film" might have some worth, but I don't waste time living in a movie world. The real world is where we are called to witness and shine. One can learn from some historical documentary films, but mixed with the good information, almost always one finds man's questioning of the Bible, false teaching, and twisting of the Bible's message. One needs to be first well grounded in the Bible and faith before watching such things.

With very FEW exceptions (like What About Bob?), Hollywood productions are absolute FILTH and not fit to be viewed by anyone, much less those professing the name of Christ. The vulgar and profane language is enough to make any God-fearing person turn away in revulsion.

i LOOOOVEEE what a about bob! great movie xDDD

In regards to christian movies keep in mind that not all people who claim to be followers of Christ know what that means. The left behind series for example is a misinterpreted idea of the end times and has lead alot of individuals with the authors beliefs instead of the bible teachings. If someone wants to grow in their faith ( christianese, gotta hate it ) Talk with me, i LOVE playng devils advocate and will get any of you thinking =D
Apologetics: Ask the hard questions, find the hard answers, always keep an open mind and avoid Christian tradition.